In this episode, you will learn:
Why pitcher health is so important
The risk factors for major throwing related injuries
Why showcases can be causing a lot of arm injuries
Why 100 pitches may really be 160 or MORE!!!
If your players/son should pitch and catch
How to manage a pitching staff to minimize late inning offensive surges
Common sense actions coaches can take to minimize pitching injuries
Resources mentioned in this show:
- Complete Throwing Program for Amateur Pitchers - Sign up for more details on our new throwing program
- Blog post on pitcher safety - This blog post gives you many of the risk factors and common sense actions coaches can take to prevent pitching injuries.
- Throwing a change up tutorial - How to throw three different types of change ups, when to throw change ups, and how to make it a devastating pitch.
- Pitcher Availability Worksheet - This worksheet gives two common summer ball models, the league play and weekend tournament model, and the weekend tournament model. How hard is it to follow ASMI pitch guidelines AND cover all your games? How many pitchers do you really need?
- Two way players podcast - How to properly handle two way players so their arms stay healthy and strong.
Our next podcast will be on post pitching recover. In the mean time, if you have a suggestion for a podcast topic, please leave enter it below.