Every program has (or should have) their points of emphasis for each position. We have had a significant paradigm shift over the past few seasons which has lead to our 7 points of emphasis for pitchers for 2015 and beyond.
- What we are doing to increase our pitcher's velocity
- Why we are shifting our emphasis away from JUST throwing strikes on 0-0 and 1-1 counts
- How we take the advantage back in hitter's counts
- Our plan for 0-2 counts
- Why our pitcher's are responsible for being strong and healthy at the end of the season
- How pitchers can help themselves after the ball is thrown
- Why that 3 mile run pitchers want to do is a waste of time.
Resources for the show
Throwing a change up tutorial - How to throw three different types of change ups, when to throw change ups, and how to make it a devastating pitch.
10 Things Pitchers Must Do To Be Successful - This FREE eBook adds some additional points of emphasis you may want to consider for your pitchers, and goes into more depth on several of the points discussed in this podcast.